PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 18:42
rr9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stage 1/2

i just got the email saying i've passed stage one and have booked into stage two on october 12.
something i've noticed in the last 20 posts or so is a dramatic increase in the number of people saying it's unfair to say exactly what is/isn't on the test papers. i was in the 11am session on weds 26th and remember the woman telling us not to disclose what was featured, and i'm wondering if they've only just cottoned on as last week there weren't any people on here specifically saying 'its unfair to tell you guys'.
it's probably just coincidence as i've only really been aware of this site for a week or so, but there could be something in it.
anyway, i've always found hard work a bit tiresome/boring, which obviously i'm gona have to change from here on in, but for anyone yet to take the test it's worth noting that i put a fair amount of time into learning the document, but i was by no means married to it.
i got my highlighter out, highlighted anything of particular interest (someone actually asked me if the things i didn't highlight were the important parts as i'd done so much lol) and read it through a few times whilst on the train to my current job every morning for a couple of weeks.
i got my dad to ask me questions and i did alright, but definitely didn't know everything.
but as long as you know the key points and really understand what they actually mean, as opposed to just memorising the words, everyone will do just fine.
i went into the test pretty apprehensive but finished it thinking, 'well i'm 100% sure i got at least 25 of them right,' which surprised me.
as for the diagramming and cubes, the opposite was true. i went into those thinking i'd take them apart, but found them to be a lot tougher (and different) to the ones i'd been practising beforehand.
i only completed 42/50 diagramming and 38/40 on cubes (thanks to a very nice sprint finish that made me feel a bit better), but having spoken to a few people since, it's a distinct possibility that NATS expect these to be unfinished and would almost be surprised if anyone did.
obviously don't go into them thinking, 'ok i've only gota do 35 on each,' try and finish them, but don't be too worried if you don't. if you don't make it through the tests it's because the ones you did do were wrong, rather than the fact that you didn't complete the test.
anyway, sorry for the horrendously long post, i'd be surprised if anyone actually bothers to read it haha.
but if anyone does, i hope it helps in some way, i'm off to practise for stage two .