PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 18:17
Matey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all,

I too ,like Yeoman, have received PMs regarding the interview process. For many of the same reasons so well put in his post I am not able to provide advice I am afraid. As someone who is indeed involved in recruitment that would be very unwise of me. As a bit of background as to the Company's methodology in selecting people for interview I offer the following extract from a Training Newsletter received today.

"Following our advertisement for B737 pilots we have received 778 applications, 436 that actually had B737 300‐900 type ratings and approximately 200 with valid & current B737‐800 experience. Applicants ranged from Ryan Air, Jet 2, Fly Dubai, and other carriers. Assessment days are planned for the 3, 4, 10 & 11 November. The number of line training sectors needed and available this winter with the huge training requirements on the B737 fleet has limited us to getting the most qualified pilots we can. A type rated B737‐800 qualified and current pilot needs 4 sectors plus a line check. Anything less would require more sectors. In isolation that may be achievable, but not with 80+ pilots transferring from the Airbus & B756, pilots returning from Sunwing, CAT C, flip‐flops and 15 commands!"

As you can appreciate the 737 training department are going to be at full stretch this winter, and the limitation of line training sectors has counted in favour of those who are type rated and current thus only needing 4 sectors. The final rather blunt instrument in terms of selecting from those who meet the criteria was the Customer Service question I am reliably informed by one of the Managers involved in the process. Good luck all who have been invited to interview.