PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West Mids Air Ambulance going night flying?
Old 28th Sep 2012, 15:37
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Shaerms - as I understand it, this is not about inter-hospital transfers (although that may be a part of it) it is about operating by night as AA do by day ie any field location/road/roundabout/playing field.

Helinut - it is not that I view civi/HEMS/Police as interlopers into mil airspace because that isn't true - but you have to agree that mil FW traffic is a big threat and deconfliction at night is going to be more problematic. The need for deconfliction just within the mil is why there are allocated regions in the UK at night, just to keep mil vs mil apart.

Jayteeto - I can't wait to read the safety case to the CAA that says 'weather limits are a red herring, they are not a factor' - hilarious. Yes you had navs in the LHS but how much training had they had compared to your paramedic? Can't tell you were a Puma pilotWIWOP

How many of the AA trusts are going to understand the requirement for and cost of constant currency training?

Bertie - very good point - paramedic in the LHS on NVIS giving obstacle clearances/recces into field is hardly pax!