PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air-Scotland.com(merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2003, 21:58
sparkymarky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The website crashing is no big surprise. It happens to the big boys too. Ever tried booking at www.ryanair.com during one of their big giveaways? The way the site was initially presented was a bit amateurish though.

I am a bit surprised about the choice of routes. Why compete with flyglobespan to Barcelona when the likes of Madrid and the Italian cities go uncovered?

I thought it was interesting they state 60% of seats will initially be filled by charter passengers. Along with the routes chosen, aircraft type, the (apparent) one hour turnaround time and the stated intention to progress to other aircraft types and intercontinental routes, it looks like Air Scotland is a hybrid charter/low-cost airline rather than a 'pure' loco like Ryanair.

I've got no complaints about the intention to sell Irn Bru, Tunnocks cakes, etc. on board. I've often sat on planes, sipping my coffee and munching on Irish chocolate or scones with Devon clotted cream, and wondered why Scottish companies are so poor at promoting their goods. So if they manage to sell some extra Scottish produce and generate a few extra jobs then fair play to them. So long as they have black pudding and tattie scones with the breakfast

Good luck to Air Scotland and Flyglobespan. The more the merrier!