PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough University situation, need advice.
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 11:24
Poose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Collect the BEng if you don't really feel like you want to develop in engineering as a career. The MEng is only worth chasing as previous posters have said if you are after chartered status. A 2:1 with a personality and some relevant experience usually trumps a first who has neglected their entire life to secure said grade. I believe the term is a 'well rounded individual'...

I'm BEng Mechanical - been in Aerospace for the past five or so years. Believe me - there's worse jobs than engineering out there...

I've worked on flight trials of large aircraft and been privy to things that complemented my modular training so well it was untrue.
When you're studying performance, but writing the aeroplane's flight manual and liaising with the Test Pilots on a daily basis for the exact flight trials that are being discussed in your performance exam... Well... it helps to keep you in the mindset and gives you an amazing level of understanding of where and why aircraft are operated as they are at CS-25 level...
Just an opinion!