PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying training at Moorabbin
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2003, 21:49
Ang737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont be fooled

Hi Maks

Don't be fooled by the marketing engines at some schools that claim they are the Qantas preferred provider of flight training, or by the instructors with as many bars as a Capt trying to lure your dollar with a false sense of professionalism. Wow is that a little harse, maybe...

The school that you undertake your training does have a bearing on future employment but only the quality of the training that is provided. The larger schools I have seen tend to treat you as a number while instructors use you as an hour building tool. My personal preference in choosing an instructor is to choose someone who has been there done that.

Check out the syallabus that these schools have in place and compare the amount of dual flying need to get to your CPL. Don't be fooled by having to do a large slab of the training as dual cross country. I think the best thing to do is ring around the schools and ask what they can do for you. Its a large investment in your future and I think that they would be misleading you by advising you that there school is better than another in terms of employment. Its the quality of the syallabus and teh instructor that matters.

Okay I have crapped on long enough. Good luck with your training Maks..

Ang