PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 09:55
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sitigeltfel
My wife has a shiny new ipad 3 and we have come across a problem with the App store.

It seems that the language that is displayed is linked to the country that the users credit card is registered, in our case France. Although we are fairly conversant in French, we would prefer to have this displayed in English. I have trawled a number of sites for help but none are any use.

Any clues?
It's even worse here in Switzerland where apple thinks there are three national languages (there are four). You can get the store in French, but things like movies are mostly in German (and rarely in multiple languages, unlike DVDs).

However - you can always browse the US or UK store to see what the product is and once decided go to the French store to do the purchase.

Or, you can open a second Apple ID and a second iTunes account. If you have a credit card in another jurisdiction you can use that to validate your 'country'. If you don't you can open an iTunes account with an Apple Gift card. i.e. if you have a UK£ gift card you can open an iTunes account and use the UK Apple Store. Same with US$. Downside to this is you need to pay in advance, and keep topping it up with cards. Gift cards are available on ebay (you only need the number printed on it, not the card itself)