PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ISLE OF MAN
Thread: ISLE OF MAN
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 09:54
Haven't a clue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IOM-LCY

Mixed messages reported here on the island.

Chief executive of London City visiting the island earlier this week urged support of the route "to ensure its continued operation"

Three FM News

Whilst the GM Commercial for BA at LCY says "if interest increases there may be scope to introduce a fourth flight"

Manx Radio News

It does seem though to have been a success so far, but as a frequent user I thought we were spoilt by the E170 for the first month of operation. No disrespect intended to Eastern and the Saab, but I'd love to see the pax numbers justify it's return. The Saab is quite noisy and there's little room for any hand baggage. (It's like going back to the G-OJET/G-MABR days).

Whether the economics permit or indeed where that airframe might come from though is another issue.

Interestingly FlyBe just sent me a survey focussed on London as a destination, asking inter alia which London airport I preferred and what factors, including aircraft type, do I consider when selecting a flight to London. If they are looking to put a jet on the Gatwick route, and easyJet are operating A319s then the turboprop may look dated.