PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best training in English + vacation location?
Old 28th Sep 2012, 09:18
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Davidil
I don't see a problem partying at night, then having a lesson at 3 PM... or maybe having lessons every other day, and rotate between going out and the lessons.
I'm not planning on flying with a handover or anything like that, don't worry.
The blood alcohol limit in the UK (don't have Cyprus stats handy but its likely to be similar) for aviation related activities is considerably lower than for driving (0.2 rather than 0.8). See http://www.pprune.org/questions/3044...it-pilots.html
I don't know if its the law or not, but you also aren't supposed to drink within 8 hours before flying.
Also if you are tired (which you probably will be if partying into the night) you will be wasting your money as you wont learn anywhere near as quickly. Being too tired can be just (if not more) dangerous than flying with alcohol in your system. You'll just get frustrated as you wont pick things up.

Also - how long are you spending out there? I'd be surprised if you were able to finish the training course within a couple of months if flying at 3pm for an hour and you aren't doing a specific intensive course.

Despite what people might suggest, it takes effort and dedication to get that licence!

You may though just be a super human...