PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Identify Aircraft Type?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2012, 01:59
tail wheel

Received 224 Likes on 120 Posts
Hi Fris

The roundel may indicate a spark arrestor? (There is one installed but why they kept the upswept exhaust around aircraft is beyond belief.) Don't think they use the roundel these days?

Seeing as you are so vague that you can't identify the exact aircraft or date of photo - - I can't give you the exact serial number of the FE35!

However if the photo was taken in 1958 and the Fergy looks near new, I can confirm it's serial number is between 9226 and 79552 if manufactured in 1957, or between 79553 and 125067 if manufactured in 1958.

Considering the time taken to freight the tractor from Banner Lane, Coventry to Australia, my tip would be a 1957 model!

517,651 little grey Fergies built before the Massey Ferguson era and the FE/MF35. Definately one of the very best things to come out of the UK. Pity old Harry Ferguson didn't turn his hand to beer brewing.........

As it is an aviation history forum, did you know that in 1909 Henry George "Harry" Ferguson built and flew the very first monoplane in Ireland?