PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What flight schools do that students hate?
Old 27th Sep 2012, 17:21
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What flight schools do that students hate?

Flying schools that tell students who "forget" they had a lesson that day that they really should give the instructor some cash, otherwise he/she will starve.

Flying schools that give students a row for turning up late so that, if the full lesson is to be flown, then the instructor will lose their break or other students will have to wait.

Flying schools that pull aside students who have a couple of university degrees yet turn up for a cross-country flight without any preparation and planning "because I was very busy last night", and say: that is not good enough.

Flying schools who point out that they get less money in the bank for a given £100 if paid using a credit card, so would the student like to pay a 3% excess to make up for that - since they can't pay cash, write a cheque or use internet/telephone banking.

Flying schools put up with a lot of grief from their customers - like all customer-focused businesses do.

Fortunately, we try not to show it!

(as one person said to me today, you chaps always seem to be very relaxed. As I replied, running around in a blind panic never helps anyone - particularly "in flight" with a less confident student)