PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tough University situation, need advice.
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 16:41
EZY_FR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough University situation, need advice.

Hi all,
First of all, I am not going to bother with the typical 'I have wanted to be a pilot all my life" introductions as a lot of threads here start with this type of introduction and I don't want to spam it any further .

I am in a bit of a predicament here regarding my university degree. I am currently in my 2nd last year of my Aeronautical Engineering degree, currently under the MEng curriculum. Getting this far I have now realised that engineering just isn't for me. I do have the option to carry out the BEng curriculum and finish next summer but I am just unsure where that would put me in terms of employment chances. According to my advisor I am currently on course to get a 2:1 result and if I work slightly harder then I could get a 1st. I am interested in taking up Flight Operations or Meteorology either as a backup career or as a graduate job until I have earned enough to afford pilot training.
Should I continue under the MEng curriculum or drop into the BEng curriculum and finish this year? This may be daft but, for non-engineering sectors anyway, is there a difference between MEng and BEng?
All responses are well appreciated.

Last edited by EZY_FR; 27th Sep 2012 at 16:42.