PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a stable approach?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 12:31
nojwod

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I constantly despair at the lack of perception and judgement shown by so many of the posters here at PPRune... will someone please please tell me that the piloting population in general has a far greater grasp of space and time than the average commentator we find here? please, or I will start to really get worried about the abilities of those up the sharp end when faced with any situation outside their narrow comprehension.

This video, for all its faults, demonstrates an unorthodox but completely controlled descent and tolerable landing. The 'hard' landing looks like a put up job by the camera person, the aircraft had flared and was stable at around about the height you'd expect it to be bleeding off speed, and if the actual touchdown was a bit harder than a greaser there's no way from the attitude and height of the aircraft that it could have been damaging.

Have another look doubters, concentrate not on the steep and 'scary' descent, just the 1-2 seconds before the wheels contacted the runway, where the view is exactly as you'd expect in any normal landing.