PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 09:23
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Despite my depleted condition I feel compelled to respond to the PH move comments as I was privy to a small part of the wider picture leading to the decision to move out of Elelenwo until January.

The journey to/from ERA and NAF Base was a huge bone of contention during my tenure there. I used to get complaints about journey times due entirely to traffic and weather conditions (flooded stretches of the expressway etc), ie things totally out of anyones control, on a daily basis. That and the Internet were the two biggest nightmares.

So the decision to move was no doubt partly arrived at on cost grounds; ERA has always been one of the best and most expensive places to live in PH. But it was also in a large part based upon the volume of complaints by people in transit through Lagos about the travel time to/from.

In hindsight, as I told people at the time, be careful what you wish for. Nice place and long journey or s**thole and short journey. Simple as that.

This isn't an "I told you so" post, just a reminder of the facts leading up to the move.

NEO