PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 09:00
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder how planned it was.

The report says at 10.25 they conducted an approach, and at 10.26 there was a unreadable transmission. assumed to be at the point of ditching.

So 1 minute? Either they had flamed out, and it was rather unplanned, or perhaps DBTW's theory is closer to the mark.

If it was well planned why then were only 3 out of 5 likely jacket bodies in jackets. The lady strapped in I can understand but a well planned ditching would have had the all other pax and the crew in jackets.

I also think that a planned ditching would have involved a very clear instruction to the unicom operator on where about he intended to conduct it, and that he wanted all resources pointed in that direction.

I think the report is lacking in a lot of things..... 2 things in particular. FDR & CVR and they are only 48m down. This is within diving range for pro folk. Actually I know some folk who can do it. Why did the ATSB not go get them, and as the Air France A330 has shown, if you find them, even buried under great amounts of pressure for a year or more, they survive.

ATSB.... GO GET THE F RECORDERS!!!!!!!!!!