PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2012, 07:49
exlatccatsa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Loganair retires

Scott Grier has announced his retirement from Loganair.

Shetland News | Mr Loganair retires [5597]

LOGANAIR chairman Scott Grier has announced that he was retiring - after 36 years with the company.

Grier joined Loganair in 1976 as financial manager and was made managing director seven years later.

When in December 1983 British Midland Airways acquired the company from the Royal Bank of Scotland, Grier took a 25 per cent shareholding. In 1997 he led a successful management buy-out from Sir Michael Bishop's Airlines of Britain Group.

He said: "In 1997 we had to start all over again with one Twin Otter and five Britten Norman Islander aircraft and 44 employees.

“Today, 15 years later in the Loganair group we have 26 aircraft and more than 500 employees.”

Grier's shareholding in Loganair has been acquired by brothers Stephen and Peter Bond.

He said: “Loganair has been a large part of my life for many years and I will miss the daily involvement, but I am confident that under Stephen and Peter the company will continue to be in good hands and to serve communities in the Highlands and Islands as we have always done.”

Grier will still have an involvement with the company as he will become Loganair's first president.