PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 21:26
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can confirm that REI has had new seats installed. They are much better than those new ones installed on some of the 42's. They are the same design as those on the new 72-600's and recline. I guess that means that we shall see REI & REH for a good bit longer. It maybe coincidence but I haven't seen REH this week so may be in for refit. Presumably EI paint will follow. It probably makes sense as from what I remember of the SLx class there lease is coming up next year? Maybe wrong on that. That said, the reliability of the 201s is greater, they are more favoured with pilots and I have a feeling that they are owned by Arann? If I was EIR, when the new 600's are available, I would use the two 201's as low cost standbys, and dispose of the american birds. As for the 42's I can't imagine them being dispensed with. There are a number of routes that only call for a 42....so why increase the cost of these routes by putting on a more expensive a/c to run and land. They would also need the cost of putting another cabin crew onboard. Also why would they have painted CBK? It has to be staying.

Whilst on the subjects of seating, if anyone is planning to travel EIR, then avoid seat 15A on EI-REH (Constant drip on your head throughout the flight - observed for many months now) and 16A on EI-SLL (Broken back - it only supports one side of the upright so you are constantly stuck at an uncomfortable angle. Also row 18 on SLL & SLM are rather uncomfortable as they have been shoved in. They don't recline and are a lot more upright, plus you dont have a reading light.