PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 21:04
DoughFan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Texas Holdem Poker has nothing on wondering what's gonna happen with our move to the new GRA dumps - remember, it's all about the dough folks . Harking back to the old days of Aero as reported on this site many years ago, it looks like we have Rupee man now working for Bristow at NAF Base. Threats have been made, most of which are hot air because people will endure mold for money , but maybe SAS has a point. I have no clue if 'old Bristow' was bands of happy souls smiling in the face of adversity and all the guys ganging up against a common managerial enemy or just accepting that lousy housing and food was the least of there worries . It seems more like the new post-Birdman era of the head-sheds in Bristow has decided that money needs to be spent on finally giving the clients what they want and i'm guessing that funding this by cutbacks in what the guys in the front line in Port Harcourt get won't pi$$ off enough of us to make a difference no matter how much we gripe . It's a kind of confusing message right now . We have the MD admitting the housing in Lagos ain't fit for a dog, but moving us into worse housing in Port Harcourt with no consultation with anyone except a guy whose own home is as poor as Nigeria so believes we're living in luxury and the Braveheart clone in Lagos whose convinced that all Nigerians are terrorists and all we expats are greedy whiners not fit to serve in Baghdad .
For now, the dough is kind okay, the management sends confusing signals, I'll probably stay and wait for something better, unless one of my kin falls sick and Aetna fails to pay up.
I'm sure looking forward to some serious therapy with uncle Ben and Uncle Jerry and a gallon of their cookie dough ice cream

Last edited by DoughFan; 27th Sep 2012 at 05:33.