PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHAMPTON
Thread: SOUTHAMPTON
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 20:19
Phalconphixer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Flybe flight have stopped off at BOH today - the Alicante and the Malaga
Almost certainly fuel uplift vs runway length and pax load; Wx here in south and central Spain pretty ropey today, strong winds 8/8 cloud cover and rain. Better a quick stop at BOH to top off tanks and take advantage of the longer runway. Flybe almost certainly trying to avoid the adverse publicity of the Ryanair fuel shortage debacle.

Seem to recall many many moons ago when Princess Air use to operate a 146, on one such flight from SOU, half the passengers were offloaded before take off and coached to BOH. The aircraft took off from SOU with a partial fuel load, landed and topped off at BOH, re-embarked those pax previously offloaded then went about its business normally... if a little behind schedule.

Sorry a bit of thread drift...
Does anyone know what the normal Flybe diversions are for AGP? I would hazard a guess at GRX or SVQ.

As I live in Granada / Portsmouth about 20 minutes drive from GRX and / or SOU, for purely selfish reasons, I would much rather see Granada as the normal destination rather than AGP.
GRX is much more user friendly than AGP too, as is SOU over LGW.

Pax load factors (and most of the pax were from Hampshire) for Monarch on its LGW-GRX-LGW service were always of the order 90 -100% with an A320 until they were bullied out by a certain Irishman's blackmailing tactics with the local and regional authorities. His promises of increased revenues lasted for just three years until he pulled the plug... GRX is almost deserted these days!

pp