PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi, I wanna become a helicopter pilot...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 19:45
FYR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, Well... you know... good pay, city centre offices, lots of travel, fancy hotels, gourmet dinners, parties, ladies... Not what you want from life is it? I'm miserable and need to get out of this!

On a serious note, while some of the above is somewhat true, when I should be sitting at night working with strategic management and reading about the latest in server deployment solutions, instead I'm watching 10 minute long, detailed youtube clip on how to start an MD500 helicopter. And then I watch it again. And I find it miles more interesting and motivating than anything at work for the last year or so. Heavy weekend drinking doesn't help - I have to give this up and go for a new career in playing with loud, dangerous toys
Welcome to the club, I was doing the same thing in Copenhagen not six months ago. Well paying job, carte blanche on the company mastercard (within reason), apartment and job in the centre of Copenhagen, could ride the bike to work. Yet still, while i should be scheming on marketing techniques, I somehow always landed on youtube, helicrew.dk or this place.

Im in Norway at EHC now, and even though Im a bit older than the other guys, its friggin' awesome!! I know it'll be rough getting out on the other side, getting your first job and all, but im 100% committed, and so is the gf, so I guess I have as good a shot as anyone.

Have a great time over there, the weather should by all means be better than here

Martin in Norway (from Denmark)