PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - norvegian air shuttle jobs info
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 19:43
LeftHeadingNorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a pilot in Norwegian, here is some (lack) of information:

Norwegian is run by the same guys who started the operation back in -93. These guys run their own show and do things their own way (if it's good or bad I will leave unsaid). The company does suffer from the extremely rapid growth it has enjoyed during the last years. This shows, for example, in the sometimes very unorganized way the company recruits and the constant lack of answers to the ever so many rising questions. The last year or so we have also seen a sharp shift when it comes to recruitment policies and the very anti-permanent contract views showed by the top guys.

When talking about the future in Norwegian it is extremely difficult to foresee anything. The company is very dynamic and there are multiple variables to take into account. The pilot union is currently bringing the company to court for breach of contract and the cabin union is threatening to go on strike on the 10th of Oct, to mention a few.

So when it comes to the Airbus neo I'm very doubtful that even mr Bjorn Kjos himself knows what it is planned for. One rumor is that it will be used as a feeder in Thailand for the long haul operation. That rumor has, however, about as much certainty as the Euro has right now....

When talking about Norwegian you should remember a few things. There is no detailed grand plan. The info given is constantly changing and the guys working within the company know probably less about the future of company than you guys on this forum. The best way to find out about plans for the Airbus will be to stay in touch with the contract agencies where job opportunities will undoubtedly be posted first...

Other than that, as a permanent guy I'm happy in the company. I enjoy all the good **** most other guys can only dream about these days. This includes: LoL, pension, insurances, competitive pay and a 5/4 roster. Now, if only this could be the standard for our long lost profession....

Edit: spelling

Last edited by LeftHeadingNorth; 26th Sep 2012 at 19:45.