PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hi, I wanna become a helicopter pilot...
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 17:57
DonQuixote23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Have you considered medication to assist in overcoming the irrational urge to leave a productive and rewarding career to play with loud, dangerous toys?"

Haha, Well... you know... good pay, city centre offices, lots of travel, fancy hotels, gourmet dinners, parties, ladies... Not what you want from life is it? I'm miserable and need to get out of this!

On a serious note, while some of the above is somewhat true, when I should be sitting at night working with strategic management and reading about the latest in server deployment solutions, instead I'm watching 10 minute long, detailed youtube clip on how to start an MD500 helicopter. And then I watch it again. And I find it miles more interesting and motivating than anything at work for the last year or so. Heavy weekend drinking doesn't help - I have to give this up and go for a new career in playing with loud, dangerous toys

"Welcome on board and no doubt i will be meeting you shortly.
Try and get around, Titusville isnt exactly an exciting place. But you will have fun."

Sounds great - looking forward to it. I visited Titusville in January, and yes, it does seem to score badly on excitement. But I'm pretty sure that my very first winter that is not cold and miserable along with heli flying and motorcycle riding should keep a big grin on my face!

Are you studying/teaching/working there now? For how much longer?