PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 07:44
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"LL" interesting post there.
I don't think we need James's or anyone's models for that matter in this case it's really a black & white story that's getting 'coloured' in big time.

From TOD the scene was already set, the organizational issue/s where lacking well before this guy even took off, the fact that he did attempt the mission is almost irrelevant as far as the organizational part of it goes it was doomed to fail anyway, the 'play' had an ugly ending that few even saw inc the regulators.

I love the words CRM, TEM etc etc they are really just warm & fuzzy words to make people feel good & or feel protected. Man has been crashing planes well before the boffins dreamed up those 'feelgood' words & they still continue to crash planes well after those words have been around & will continue to do so 'till the end of time.

You mix man & machine together no fancy words, teachings beliefs etc will ever stop that interaction that brings a plane to a screaming halt in pieces!
Some might say well CRM TEM etc at least reduces the accidents/incidents, well how do we all know that? Lets just say for Eg that we could erase all the previous CRM crap teachings from every pilots minds etc & count the amount of wrecked planes against the hills over the next 10 yrs then re-install the same rubbish & count again to see any difference, well we can't (obviously) so we just now accept that CRM TEM & all the reasoning stuff is better! Way of the future I guess right or wrong.
I do it 'cause I have to & perhaps I 'might' learn something from it (I'll never really know anyway)all but it's not the be all end all that's for sure!The biggest defense in these cases is experience,something that getting cut short more & more due the almighty dollar!

Dom was armed with insufficient knowledge to complete the task on that night & the argument now rests with who's fault it was.Will it fix anything all this bickering blaming etc?....nope it will happen again sometime somewhere you can guarantee it & we'll be right back here going round in circles like man has done since Adam was a boy when he was hit on the head by a falling apple & tried to "reason' it all !!

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 26th Sep 2012 at 07:50.