PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quality - What It Means
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2012, 07:10
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'Sunny' that was a good read thanks Reminds me of when I was a mech in another life where I did my apprenticeship mostly on Pommie junk, Jags featured well in my early years. I owned a Jag once (420G) the biggest of them all at the time. I bought it 'cause I liked the look of it & the 'quality' ( a very subjective word) was in the feel/look of the machine, that's where that word ended. Typical of ALL Pommie junk they had no idea of anything beyond looks. The 'E' type the best 'looking' car ever I reckon but that's where it ended, a mechanical monster!

The DH104 I used to 'drive' flew great felt very stable but man the ergonomics in the cockpit was zero! I don't think the word Ergonomic had been dreamed up way back then even if it had have the Pommes would just make another cuppa & say now where shall we put this switch?
At the end of the day 'quality' has a price tag attached to it & really has very little meaning to anything. My idea of a 'quality' car is one that does the task in the most basic way, the rest is pure window dressing:-).

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 26th Sep 2012 at 07:12.