PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2012, 01:37
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Amen Globalstream ...

The ONLY thing that can put a stop to this P2F cancer now is a very large smoking hole. I don't want it and I don't wish it, but I believe it's coming as certain as an oncoming train.

Colgan was a partial wake up call for the US - and that was "only" a turboprop, when it comes in Europe it will be a 737 or 320.

When that inevitable thing comes, we need to be very clear and on message to the media and politicians with all the things that have been discussed at length in this thread. Especially the stuff that Globalstream has just pointed out : the whole two-crew safety concept has been turned on its head with this perpetual turnover of casual-contract, hugely indebted, fresh out of school, use-em-and-abuse-em F/O's.

How can someone argue that a forcibly imposed take-it-or-leave-it base change at 48 hours notice is not a safety risk, how can someone argue that having F/O's sleeping in cars outside airports like those Spanish lads is not a safety risk, how can someone argue that commuting hundreds of miles from mum and dad's place every day to operate a duty because they can't afford a house in their "base" is not a safety risk, the list goes on and on.

Sooner or later the piper will have to get paid