PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 23:01
morno

Received 310 Likes on 116 Posts
there is more self-serving twaddle from Dominic. He is quoted as admitting to only ONE mistake during the entire sequence of events
Hmmm, obviously did not learn a lesson from the first accident, hopefully there isn't a second accident he has to learn more from!

First up, yes, there were area's in which CASA, the ATSB and Pel-Air should definitely have done and should do better. Some huge area's. However....

Dominic was the Pilot In Command of that aircraft. Dominic was the last line of defence. Dominic failed in several area's, to ensure that the flight was planned accordingly, to ensure that enroute, to a very remote island, he could still carry out a safe landing at the other end. He failed to have some basic airmanship and not carry diversion fuel, regardless of whether he legally needed it or not. You're going to a single airport, a verrrrry long way from anywhere. You just don't do that, without thinking about the "what if's", and then carrying fuel for those "what if's"!

As for his "I don't know why CASA took my licence away from me", cry me a river buddy, you put a jet into the ocean and it probably became fairly obvious early on, that you yourself were deficient in several area's, which contributed significantly to the accident. Of course CASA is going to take your licence off you.

Rant over.

morno