PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 22:01
fernando737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to everybody,
Ive just landed in this forum. I passed my selection late in May, we were only two FO and 14 DEC. Im currently flying B737NG, over 6500 on type in a skyteam alliance airline.
Thanks a lot for updating news from dxb....and by the time being....swimming in the pool.
And I got this letter from HR on september 06th...

Following on from our last update in July, we would like to advise you that the situation remains the same and our next courses planned for First Officers start in January 2013 on our Boeing Fleet. Therefore we are likely to start making some offers for those courses at the very end of September. We have not confirmed numbers at this stage. We do not require any more First Officers to start on our Airbus Fleet for the remainder of the financial year.

You continue to remain in a successful applicant pool from which we identify, select and fill our training courses to meet our Airline's training needs and fleet expansion plans. Please note that to join Emirates, you must have flown a commercial aircraft on a regular basis within the 12 month period before your start date. As you would be aware, Emirates is a rapidly expanding Airline and as a result, we experience change continually. It is possible then, that we may experience further changes to the above which could result in us requiring pilots to start sooner or later than we expect at this stage.
The number of candidates in the applicant pool does exceed the expected number of new joining pilots this financial year. It is likely that we will not be able to offer all successful candidates a position before April 1st[/U][/U]. Given the planned growth we have ahead of us though, our pilot numbers will undoubtedly continue to grow and therefore your desire to remain interested in a position with Emirates is important to us.

If you have any questions relating to this e-mail, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Last edited by fernando737; 25th Sep 2012 at 04:11.