PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and Age (2012)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 21:43
go around flaps15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Avadoo
The harsh postings here are much closer to reality than the glass half full responses... Been and done it, late 30's early 40's. Went with instructor, twin and turbo experience. CAE TR was a shambles but has improved, in house is good. T+C post LST are worse.
Never passed 700 hrs P/A in right seat, scraped 800 in left.
Avoid the tax dodges at all cost, as heavy pain is just around the corner for all concerned, flat rate rubbish too.. Sort your own taxes through a proper accountant who will underwrite his work... many claimed accountant outfits dont underwrite properly and in fact the recommended outfit are not accountants at all, just self declaration processors who will run a mile when you are asked for 165K plus interest from the relevent TAX authority after just four years of the encouraged malarky..
Take their hours and experience and put them somewhere worthwhile before getting too tangled in the web. The flying is great experience along with 99% of your workmates and thats it !
For the older ones not getting a look in, might be a lucky escape.... several surprising divorces costing far more than you saved going modular have resulted.
And as for younger being equally responsible...... how does throwing away a light crosswind landing at 75-100 ft (literally hands in the air without warning) and then refusing another sector landing as 'its too dark for me' sound from a 500 hr guy... when actually the root of the problem was playing on x box till the sun came up.... Generally with age and experience come responsibility and awareness.... the fearless stage is well in the past..

G luck.
I am astonished. As for older guys I have been a safety pilot recently for quite a number of older cadets that have started line training including one ex military fast jet guy. He was of a very high standard to be fair.

Last edited by go around flaps15; 24th Sep 2012 at 21:48.