PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Ambassador killed in Libya
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 16:20
SASless

Received 573 Likes on 235 Posts
Is there a shift towards Political Correctness in the UK? Can one be taken to Court over charges of language considered merely insulting but yet convey no threat of physical harm, assault, or battery?

If so....is that law applied equally, fairly, and with consistency to all UK citizens or is there bias within the administration of that law?

Does the EU now see mere speech being a criminal offense?

If so.....the Huggy Fluffs are going to be the end of a good thing....called Freedom.

Quoting from your link.....

When assessing whether a term is racist or offensive, it is irrelevant whether it is used with the intention of offending, harming or discriminating against another person or group of persons. Rather, it is decisive how the person or group of persons concerned and third parties could understand the term. Consequently, contrary to the view of the applicant, even a use of the term ‘PAKI', which is not intended to vilify people of Pakistani origin, can have an offensive effect.

No more use of the words...."Yank", "Spam", "Septic", "Redneck", "Colonial", or "Cousins"....please. I am mightily offended by such terms when applied to Americans in general....and me in particular.

So....you willing to comply with the finding of the Appeals Board? You willing to clearly challenge any further use of those terms here at the Military Aircrew Forum?

Just using your logic, basis, and statement on this.....now that I am enlightened and informed about the EU/UK strictures on such language.

Do I understand your position correctly?

Last edited by SASless; 24th Sep 2012 at 16:26.