PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 15:34
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Tagron your post was timely. "missed the boat"..Nah, Nostalgia is always softening.

I think SEN has come a long way in a short while..I read posts not only on this thread, but others also wishing for carriers other than what they have.

In the case of SEN - I think a time for sitting back and looking what you have is called for..By that I mean, another another major carrier like Easy would be fine, or would it at this moment?.

Say Jet2 came to SEN, and tried muscling in on Easys routes, would that benefit SEN?. I would not wish to upset Easy at this stage...

I would be very wary if Easy came to BLK, would that clash with Jet2?..Who knows as in the NW, we are still gripped with recession, and there is only so much pie to go round.

SEN is different..London is not really affected by the double dip recession, being a fringe London airport..But still, Easy have been good for SEN, and care would have to be taken, when introducing new carriers.

Easy and FR cohabit well at Liverpool...But Monarch did not stay long at BLK, with LS breathing down their AGP route

Last edited by Ernest Lanc's; 24th Sep 2012 at 16:34.