PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G BIFY Radios
Thread: G BIFY Radios
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 09:29
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It wasn't a war far from it.

I suspect wigglieamps from his posts on here is an old school avionics engineer or trained under one, that can actually read a circuit diagram and takes pride in his work. Takes a snag as a challenge not as an interuption to drinking tea.

Unfortuantly the good guys are getting pulled down and tarnished by the other complete berks that are plying the same trade. I still hold out that in general my statement was true.

As said the mode S won't go away neither will the 8.33 and not having flipflops is a pain in the arse to be honest. But a 430 etc is just over kill if its your VFR buggy.

And a C150 is a perfect machine if you just want kick the tyres and get airborne to watch the sunset.

Its well worth getting some covers for it if your going to keep it outside and get new carpets for it afterward; after getting someone to scrub internals down with anti-fugal/bacterial wash. It will stop it smelling like a pub toilets.

Pilot DAR on here has had one for over twenty years and asures us all it is still as sweet smelling as the day he took it into his care.