PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair claim upheld
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 09:13
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you need to take the rose coloured glasses off. No tea and biccies but a letter on the Personal File! All from a "league table" of fuel burn against time! No account of levels achieved or not achieved, weights etc. You would be better saving money by sacking the "person" who makes the league tables, on all the bases, and save much more than the fuel they are bleating about.

Just hope the Irish Authorities read your post, the league tables would be great fodder for the lawyers in court.
Iceman50, I can assure you that after 40 years plus in the airline industry I certainly do not wear rose coloured glasses! Please do not teach grandmother how to suck eggs!

Please do not shoot the messenger! I am only telling you how it is! I agree with your comments about the inefficacy of the fuel league which personally I regarded as a joke. My observation was that those at the top were maybe, ahem, somewhat economical with the truth in recording certain figures. I always said I would rather be at the bottom of the table having made sound decisions with respect to fuel etc.

I am sure the IAA are fully aware of the league table.

Last edited by fireflybob; 24th Sep 2012 at 09:21.