PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Humiliation in Canada
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2012, 02:32
MarkJJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys

I left the UK having done my PPl Night and IMC, as there was little hope of a job in the UK I came here to Canada and did my hour building, IFR and twin for half the price.

I worked a ramp for a year which is a really good way to weed out the guys who are weak minded, weak in character and have little substance.

It tends, not all the time granted, but it tends to give you the type of guys that after a year of hard work and hardship are what are need in the cockpit in terms of CRM, learning and listening from their captains, putting in the hard work before and post flight, will not just walk away from the aircraft at the end of the day, will help out the ground crews, know lots already about the plane as they have studied it for a year as to be ready for their chance and be the type of guys (and girls) you can rely on on a very cold winters night shooting an approach at a uncontrolled airport.

May be for some of us its a dream that we are willing to do any thing for.

In fact I so impressed with the Canadian way I am writing a book about it.

Hope you guys will like it.

My hard work put me in the right seat of the BE02, no auto pilot, learning so much every day. Hope you understand everything thats going on in your Jet first day you sit in it.

Canada has it right I pray they keep their system and it doesn't turn in to the utter sadness that I see in the UK

Keep the faith you guys that watch planes as kids and dreamt, there's always a way.