PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 24th Sep 2012, 01:57
ATC-Lisa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Starting at the Learning Academy

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum ever since I first applied to be a trainee (back in February 2012) and wanted to say a big thanks for all of the detailed info about the application process. If I hadn't read this forum first, I would have been stressing about the long breaks between correspondence but can confirm that the timeframes set out on this forum were spot-on for me.

In August, I was initially offered a place on the September enroute course but due to reading this forum about how long it takes to get medical clearance from CASA, I ended up requesting to go on the following course (November). And I'm glad I did because I've only just received it even after phoning CASA every couple of days to chase it up. I'll now be moving down from Brisbane for the enroute training course commencing in Melbourne on 7th November.

I have a question about the Learning Academy. I will be moving into a share-house for my stay in Melbourne and will only be taking limited possessions. Will it be necessary for me to buy a laptop for my stay in Melbourne, or are there computers/internet access available to students for study and/or personal use at the Learning Academy?

I'm wondering if anyone starting on the November course has received their official "Offer Letter" yet? I was told they were still negotiating the new Collective Agreement so an offer letter wouldn't be prepared until negotiations were finalised. Is this the case for everyone else?

Also, how long from the first day of the course do we have to wait for our first paycheck?

And just one last question (which may seem a bit silly), what is the dress code like at the Learning Academy? I'm just wondering what to pack!

Very excited!
Thanks