PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 23:45
Professor Rubik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyingpicket you started this thread because you've been screwed over and you were annoyed. It may be because you wanted opinions and support or it may be that you wanted to warn others in a similar position, I dont know. You've received a mixed bag of responses which, whether you like it or not, were frank and honest opinions from guys with a range of experiences in the industry.

Now suddenly you come back all cocky and full of yourself extracting quotes from peoples posts, taking them out of context and adding smart arse comments.

What is it you are looking for exactly? Peoples support? Opinions? An agony aunt? Or a refund on your training?

I gave you my honest opinion and I even said I sympathised with your situation be it thats what you were looking for or not. Dont be concerning yourself with me though. I've had, and still have, a really good proper alternative career. I have no flying debts because I didnt leap blindly into £100k+ worth of debt before I was old enough to even understand what %APR meant. I have a real jet job where Im highly respected, get paid a salary and work all year round. Maybe its not the money it should be and maybe I am annoyed that my career progression from where I am is stifled because of the way the industry is now, I don't think Im alone though? Maybe I do have a chip on my shoulder about guys your age buying their way directly into the jobs that were once earned. Maybe Im not a big fan of the Oxford machine and the standard of the guys they turn out. I don't think I'm alone there either?
Who knows???
Sounds like you've got far more problems than me so I wont burden you with anymore opinions or advice.
Good luck to you in Berlin, its a lovely place but maybe not so good when you are only working half of the year for a third of the money and you've got £100k or more to repay.
Still, "living the dream" eh?
Oh and dont be thinking to yourself "its ok, I will put up with it and subsidise the income until I get myself 500 or 1000hrs on type, then return to the uk for a proper job" because guess what.................!!!
Enjoy............