PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 20:08
flyingpicket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, there’s nothing like a wet weekend to bring out all the nasty professional trolls! Why are there so many bitter and twisted individuals who delight in aiming offensive and vitriolic rants at people they have never met, and whose lives and circumstances they know nothing about?

Professor Rubik: How do you justify following up what appears to be an admission that you screwed up with an ill-judged change of career which has now left you in a ‘dead end career’ as you put it, with a hypocritical attack on others who have chosen an alternative path? Referring to them as snivelling little oxford punks, lacking in qualifications, skills and intelligence’, doesn’t say much for your attitude to life and other people, and perhaps that’s what’s actually holding you back in your career.

RTO:- Read more, it broadens the mind:So they say! but it seems to have had exactly the opposite effect on some of the contributors to this thread, and one narrow-minded individual in particular.

Stuckgear: “wannabe pilots have been fed a line of not the facts, but what they want to hear, devoid of the facts”

Employment Statistics | Oxford Aviation Academy - OAA.com

So are we to believe that the above published employment statistics are pure fiction then? They are claiming 1,281 positions filled in 105 different airlines around the world. How would you suggest researching whether the statistics are true or not?

“explaining the quote ? sheesh ! It just evidences the fact that the newbie know it all's dont actually know it all”

Well believe it or not, American literature doesn’t feature very highly on the National Curriculum these days, and I’ve yet to find any profession in the UK where it has any relevance. Maths and physics are the requirements for entry to most FTOs, and although I’ve never professed ‘to know it all’, I’d be happy to debate the origins of the Universe, and the nuances of vector calculus with you any day of the week (but not in this forum)!

“BALPA provides assistance to employees, not to third party contractor suppliers”

Actually, Balpa provides assistance to its paid up members, who may or may not be contractors. Whether they will make any difference remains to be seen.

“been in this industry for 16 years, never took on a penny of debt for my licences but now i see no future as a viable career for the next 25 years of working life…
so when i hear people moaning and bitching…”

Sounds to me that's exactly what you are doing! So you admit screwing up in your career choice too, and now it’s suddenly everyone else’s fault. Did you really want to go where most of the PTF boys have now ended up (assuming of course, they'd be interested in you)? No, I thought not, so why exactly are you still bitching?