PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To be a navy pilot ..
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 20:04
aidanjeeez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb To be a navy pilot ..

Hello ,

I know to some , this may sound tedious and stupid- i am not even sure this is the right place to put this but here goes. I've been wanting to be a fast jet pilot for quite some time and like the idea of the royal navy , so i did some browsing a while ago and say the Aircrew officer pilot job description , read it and thought it was perfect for me ( bare with me).

I have 5+ GCSE's , maths and english at c's. So thats alright , and am studying 3 as-levels currently and one btec,and plan to go on to study 3 a-levels to try get the 180 ucas points required to be a navy pilot. Ive heard for one , btec's dont count towards the points needed. I dont know why this would be as its the equiv to one A-level. Also if i got the 3 as levels , 3 a levels , 1 btec certificate would that be enough for me to qualify for it? I dont plan on uni as the money would put me under a mega depression mode for the rest of my life and read you dont need a degree to apply to be a pilot anyway. Or atleast it doesn't say you do on the description.

Any help would be much appreciated