PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Don't fly over my house...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 18:34
mike-wsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Evening Mr Squadron Leader (retired) Siseman

Many thanks for your kind comments. I must apologise for two typos and one factual inaccuracy in the quote you cited. I regret I took a post by the much revered Mr Exascot, owner of vast estates in Greece and Botswana, as being the truth rather than understanding it as a sardonic/ironic jest.

I must express my full and unswerving support for all those currently and formerly engaged on active service and on training missions over authorised areas. I have flown as a passenger on low-level military flights. Looking up at ships and trees is rather interesting, looking up at power lines even more so.

The sole area of dissent is where military aircraft are engaged in seeking publicity at civil air displays and where they perform manoeuvres which are not normally permitted by use of a waiver which seems inapplicable in certain situations and which is so worded as to acknowledge those exceptions.

I regret I am not gifted with any great degree of precognisance and cannot predict the cause of any possible future disaster. But observance of normal procedures would seem more reasonable than stretching a waiver further than might be deemed reasonable.

I note that you have read past two PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL warnings before arriving here. Another one follows.

Wishing you a very peaceful and happy retirement,
Mike the Oldie

Last edited by mike-wsm; 23rd Sep 2012 at 18:53. Reason: security