PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 10
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 17:44
Organfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jcjeant wrote:

It's certainly not caused by the plane as the BEA state that the plane and systems acted as per design
And as the Airbus A330 design is good (proof is the sooo many hours of flights with no problems .. even in same situations like AF447) .. so the plane can be discarded as culprit ...
I don't entirely agree, nor does the BEA. Aviation is not for the simple-minded; it's complicated. It depends upon if your view of cause is black-and white or not. A number of recommendations were made for improvements to the aircraft, based on reasonable suspicions (I guess we could call it) as to causation/confusion in the cockpit (flight director behavior, stall warning architecture, etc., etc.: see CONF iture's post). "As per design" may not be good enough, even if said design was approved by the authorities. Learning is on-going, not fixed. There is room in almost any design for improvement. Without, of course, having proof, it is entirely reasonable to speculate that some of the proposed improvements to the A330 might have broken the deadly chain-of-events.

I love Swiss cheese if I'm eating it, but I don't want to ride in it!

Last edited by Jetdriver; 23rd Sep 2012 at 22:25.