PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 16:41
Flying low again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's kick someone when they are down

To the OP - I really do sympathise with you, unfortunately you have been taken in by the hard sell of those corporate entities who have no concern at all for anyone or anything other than the bottom line. The big FTO's, agencies and all too many airlines are integrity free zones nowadays I'm afraid.

To those who see fit to kick someone when they are down - You guys have obviously never been taken in by anyone at any point in your lives and therefore
Have every right to criticise. In fact having never been taken in by anyone, even as impressionable young twenty something's you are all obviously much more intelligent than most of us.

You jumped a massive queue of FIs, Flybe guys, unemployed and highly experienced jet pilots and now are complaining. These people are also mightily annoyed with the likes of yourself and you now fail to realise that You only have yourself to blame.
So then how is it that you are stuck in low paid RHS jobs moaning about young guys stealing your promotion prospects, when surely you should be running BA or Virgin by now?

Or could it just be that you are cr*p at your job, have never got anywhere for that reason, and like venting your bitterness on an anonymous forum against people who are easy targets???

We all know that the airline industry is travelling around the 'U' bend at the moment, but I find it quite reprehensible that people think it is ok to blame the young guys coming into the business with a dream and a bank loan.
They are not the engineers of all this, they are the victims. Those at the top are taking advantage of people's dreams to swell their own pockets with absolutely no care at all for those young and old who are suffering as a result.

It really does stink how the pilot profession is being run into the ground, however I think we should all remember where all of this coming from, the like of MOL and co.
Concentrate on lobbying against and venting your anger against them, and you might just make a difference for yourselves and for those coming into the profession in the future.

Last edited by Flying low again; 23rd Sep 2012 at 16:45.