PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 15:20
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spend all the effort you like in blaming the guys who signed up for these schemes, but the truth is if you'd have been in the same position with the finances to do so you would've done just the same thing.

oh, i agree. once the debt is incurred, then it needs to be paid down (rather akin to our economic problems), and the clock is always ticking on the licences.

the fact is, is that many people took on the debt without forethought to the future, just rush rush now now, race to the bottom.

can i raise sympathy for those who did that now moan like petulent teenagers? not a lot.

many decided not to take on huge debts and work their way up and generate experience, they also got screwed over by the race to the bottom..

got 3,000hrs in a TP and want to move your career forward ? join the back of the queue with the 250hr sky gods..

been in this industry for 16 years, never took on a penny of debt for my licences but now i see no future as a viable career for the next 25 years of working life. It *is* a shame what has happened to this industry and the lack of professional standing as a career option, so when i hear people moaning and bitching... shoulda checked the reality before you took on a loan, no swallow the marketing PR hook line and sinker.

some people are *still* taking on debt right now for a flight deck career.