PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 12:22
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do understand your gripe and I do sypathise to a degree.
Harsh as it may sound, I don't sympathise.

People in society and the wannabe pilots have been fed a line of not the facts, but what they want to hear, devoid of the facts. They have elected not to do any research into the facts behind the presentation, have been reamed in the process..

'shock, horror' we were lied to.. it was all just a ploy to get us to put our hands in our pockets ?

yer! well, no sh*t sherlock.

explaining the quote ? sheesh ! It just evidences the fact that the newbie know it all's dont actually know it all and history will repeat itself unless people want to actually expose themselves to history rather than just get spoonfed.

Prof. Rubik makes a valid point: the traditional path is no longer valid and having many hours on jet aircraft is pretty much, well, worthless..

Exerpience and knowldege come at a price and those without, are in effect cheap labour. Airlines don't want expereince or knowledge, they want cheap.

so when people have sold themselves, their career and their collegues out to the lowest bidder, don't come crying for sympathy becuase you are now expected to be even cheaper and if you dont like it, then go do a Jack Karouak

caveat emptor.

Last edited by stuckgear; 23rd Sep 2012 at 12:23.