PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 11:51
La Amistad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh I am we'll aware that new pilots won't turn down any offer......I am well aware they will do almost anything to get that first job.

I, like many of my colleagues are well aware of what's going on and that it's already impacting the T&C's of the LHS and will continue to do so.

We very much agree there. What I disagree with is the assertion that its the alright jack attitude of people like myself and solely our fault we are in this situation.

I would strike tomorrow to stop this. I have been very vocal to the union regarding this. Many of my colleagues think the same. Even if I was to have an alright jack attitude I would still strike because I want to protect myself. To be honest I realise that you are all beyond help. I used to pity those just joining....now I think it's your own fault. You knew the score before starting....and if you didn't then more fool you. However I will still strike tomorrow to improve your lot as it protects my lot. Is that alright jack....maybe!!

The reason for my post is that you seem to think everyone is ignorant of what's going on. Far from it. However the huge problem we face is exacerbated by people willing to sell their souls to fly a jet for free for a few years.

I think it's rather naive if you don't realise you are all part of the problem. You can't sit there and blame existing Capt's for a plight you are all contributing to!!! Once again...get a grip.

I am more than aware that your hero Harry potter won't help us (can I suggest that at your age you perhaps move away from young wizards and get another interest ) and that we need a massive concerted effort from the union and pilots. It's will safeguard my lot and hopefully improve the lot for new starters.

I think we agree on most points, I just totally disagree that it's the alright jack attitude of Capt's that has got us here. Good luck getting a job. If we ever fly together don't bore me with silly Harry potter stories or I will not let you touch the controls. If you start trying to cast spells in the flight deck I will offload your ass.