PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you want to be a pilot!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:51
flyingpicket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“In any event, Balpa are on the case now, and have written to Parc, calling it 'a cold and harsh approach to dealing with professional pilots'.”

Just seen a copy of the reply from the top dog at Parc. It wasn’t their fault after all, as it was forced on them by EU law…. And there was me thinking the EU meddlers were all about minimum wage and improving working conditions, not maximum wage and degrading them.

He goes on to say that they discussed the matter with their personnel, and found them far from de-motivated …. That’d be the ‘take it or leave it’ email they sent with 48 hours to make a decision one way the other.

In fact, a number apparently volunteered….. Yeh right, that would be the lemmings with their hands up to be first over the cliff!

...And the majority are looking forward to working at their new base….. The turkeys who think they’ll be playing with their Christmas presents on boxing day. Afraid I haven’t come across any yet.

A move of base is apparently a time to be aware of each individual’s concerns and wishes…… But ‘I DON’T WANT TO GO’ doesn’t appear to count for much.

He suggests Balpa keep statements like ‘risk of fatigue & demotivation’ and ‘potentially fatigued and anxious’ private and not disseminated further…. Well we would’t want to upset the guys at the bottom of the cliff or belly up on the Xmas table. In any event, if the wings do fall off, we don’t want any finger pointing.

He concludes by saying that they will ensure the pilots concerned are motivated and looking forward to the new challenge….. Yippee that must mean relocation expenses, a decent hotel provided free until suitable accommodation is found, net pay increased to what it was in the UK, and a winter guarantee. NOT!