PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:30
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offence taken chaps & we're allowed to disagree now & then!

I know all airlines do it & I guess it's a sign o' the times, but I get frustrated when airlines say they are expanding at a particular airport when all they've done is stick their flight number on a route operated by another airline & call it a code share, for example. Maybe I'm just old fashioned!

But Flybe have dangled so many carrots at ABZ over the years you could open a vegetable stall!

I know Flybe have tried domestics at ABZ, but the problem has been not at business friendly times - NCL, CWL, SOU & even LBA. Whatever else Aberdeen is, it is very much business orientated (& high yield), & perhaps some airlines cannot grasp the concept of timing their flights accordingly. NCL & SOU came in on mid/late afternoon arrivals for instance, so your businessman/woman couldn't get in a full day's work if they wanted to catch the only rotation of the day offered by Flybe.

NE Scotland & Aberdeen has been just about the only area to be able to continue to grow its economy & this has been reflected at the airport, with consistent growth overall. Of course, I appreciate not all routes grow at the same time.

I just thought Flybe & ABZ were potentially well suited but that potential - especially increasingly routes to Europe, even with a Q400 - has not been fulfilled. Maybe the Flybe business model isn't as well matched to ABZ as I had previously thought.