PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 07:24
guern123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all these changes us poor folk here in GCI are still waiting for the E175's. We all know the story of the runway being re done etc... but bring them on ASAP. I'm not too sure by how much but I know the market share has dropped and now Aurigny fly the most passengers. It also does appear that Flybe are having a bit of a fight back though. Lots of adverts in the local press advertising the fact that they are the most ontime airline to london, and lots of advertising else where including the Guernsey Airport Flight Arrivals website. Personally i cant see why locals use Aurginy prices are roughy the same yet in my opinion the Dash is the better option - it's quieter, smoother, quciker normally a 35min flight compared to 50/55mins. And on the return leg when you get to LGW you can check your bags in early, with Aurigny the checkin desk opens 2hours before the flight so if you have just flown in from else where early you cart your luggage around until they open the desk. Also when booking seat allocation is better on flybe you can choose any seat that is available, on the ATR they only let you choose the seats by the wings 1st to trim the AC thats no good if you find that area noisey. On the plus side to Aurigny you do get a free coffee and paper and the staff are more customer based. But if like me you want to book online and go then flybe has to be the airline to choose (unless there is a great price difference). I know flybe look at these posts so i think if you want your market share LGW-GCI to rise bring back the Jet servcie ASAP. I feel Aurigny have 2 advanages at the moment the 1st being with both airlines being so close on price and aircraft type people will always choose the cheapest get the jet on board and i'm sure people will use it and would also still use it if it cost slightly more just to save time. Secondly and this one is based at family travel the whole holiday market has changed people book REALLY early with tour operators and they know to get cheap GCI-LGW connecting flights they have to book those early, on the Aurigny site this can be done 12months in advance flybe 5-8 months. The amount of time i have looked 12 months before our next vacation and nearly booked myself, wife and 2 kids with aurigny just to make sure the seats are cheap not wishing to wait for the flybe prices in case they are more you would not belive - but i always wait and costs are always about the same. But being able to book 1 year ahead should also net more passengers.

Last edited by guern123; 23rd Sep 2012 at 07:28.