PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2012, 05:19
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OltonPete - many changes being made, and I expect the fact that 4 aircraft are being removed has not helped schedule planning. They obviously work the schedules from the number of aircraft in the fleet so to suddenly be told four are coming out, it may mean things need to be juggled about a bit.

Also, I expect like last year it is BEs intention to operate many more flights on a charter basis to the ski destinations on the jets. With more jets in the fleet there is more opportunity for the airline to go out to the tour operators and get business. Whilst this will only probably affect weekend schedules it is something that I expect is also contributing to a rather messy schedule at the moment.

I have not heard anything on the ABZMAN but I wouldnt be surprised if it went to 3. Most destinations see a reduction due to the winter months, the only difference this year is whether or not this is affected by the fact that Manchester is now a hub.

Time will tell, but IIRC the schedule should be ready by mid-end of October - so only a few more weeks

On a side note, I have to say I am surprised the STR is still around! I dont remember it being overly busy and I would be very shocked if yield was that high in turned over a profit. HAM was binned, overall DUS isnt too bad now its on the jet and the HAJ is quite often busy so I expected STR to go a long time ago myself. Something on that one must be ticking the boxes!