PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 21:01
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard, I normally read your posts with interest but your comments are a little juvenile. Flybe serve Aberdeen pretty well all things considering, the only thing to happen recently is that they are pulling the LGW which they have operated for a couple of years. You cannot say they did not give it a proper go.

ABZ are retaining the E175 to continue the BHX route, and MAN remains at a reasonable frequency. ABZ also still has the BHD route, numerous franchise flights with Loganair and a codeshare on the Air France to CDG.

The fact is, they have not released their schedule yet. So it is no good everyone trying to guess what is happening, I mean that is just ridiculous. There could well be new routes planned - nobody was expecting a BCN route to be announced from Exeter. Thats not just a new route but a whole new destination.

Sure BE have said in the past Scandinavia was on the cards as well as a Norwich but it hasnt happened. Times change, and its not as if ABZ do not currently have those destinations served.

Cut them some slack and just be patient. I wouldnt mind betting if Flybe were to ever say right then Aberdeen, time to pull the plug on all our operations there would be tantrums gallore.