PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 19:51
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

insuindi

I think that is an understatement to say the least, have a look at Aberdeen - Manchester in November, three daily in the week with the reverse MAN-ABZ five daily

ABZ-BHX is now down to 2 x 175 & 2 x Q400 and is now shared with Manchester.

As for STR moving back three hours, as it stands with it linking into the schedule it makes no sense utilisation wise, as the base still requires 9 aircraft unless Stuttgart is reduced to daily and the Hanover is changed to a 175/195.

Once the BHD and EDI 195's arrive back at 10.05 and 10.20 respectively neither fly until the afternoon. The 175 arriving back from GLA at 1000 doesn't fly until 13.05 MXP and the 10.50 DUS until 13.55 DUS.

It looks as if another aircraft is about to be freed up unless it is to arrange a spare for the morning rush, which with Q400's I suppose is wise and they have done this in previous winters.

flybe must know exactly how many passengers use Stuttgart for day trips, as taking the passenger figures in isolation it suggests that daily as a jet would suffice but I assume yields must be good enough to keep it at double daily for so long and they must be confident that the time change won't put business passengers off. I hope they are right and it is not the beginning of the end of this route.

Pete