PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Dempsey Attacks SpecOps Group for Protesting Whitehouse Leaks
Old 22nd Sep 2012, 18:06
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twas not the "school" that had the problem with what was being taught....and had been taught before Dooley. It was Dempsey who took issue with what was being taught
That's one take on it. Here's another:
A class urging senior US military officers to wage “total war” on Islam wasn’t just the work of one misguided teacher. According to an inquiry ordered by the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, it was the result of “institutional failures in oversight and judgment” at one of the military’s top educational institutions.
'Institutional Failures' Led Military to Teach War on Islam | Danger Room | Wired.com

Just because they are offended...or could possibly be offended....should not be the criteria by which course content is judged.
I agree entirely. Nor should course content be the opinion of someone - that is not the way to create a thinking soldier (which I assume is what the US military wants at that level). Present the facts (not opinions) and encourage debate. As I said before, the course content started with unstated assumptions and made errors of logic before he came to state that the remaining content (which even he thought "might" be objectionable) was for the purpose of debate.